Transform any website into a RSS feed https://hrss.hipstercat.fr
You cannot select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
|Amazed d48f2f5d5c||3 years ago|
|hrss||3 years ago|
|web||3 years ago|
|.gitignore||3 years ago|
|README.md||4 years ago|
|manage.py||4 years ago|
|requirements.txt||4 years ago|
HRSS is an application that allows you to transform any website into a RSS feed.
- Fill an URL in the homepage field then click Setup.
- Click on a field on the left panel, then hover and select the element on the right panel.
- Fill at least the Element, Title and Content fields, then click on Generate.
- Your RSS feed is ready and shown on the next page.
- Free and open-source. No limits.
- No complicated installation procedure (if you know how to setup a Django app).
- No database needed (H2 file used).
- Works for 80% of websites out there.
- No user management at the moment (self-host your own instance and protect it with a basic auth if you want security).
- Fully working in most RSS readers (I use Tiny Tiny RSS and it works great).
- Make sure you have Python3 installed and virtualenv.
- Clone this repo for unstable branch, or download latest release.
cd hrss && python3 -m virtualenv --python=python3 .to create a new virtualenv.
bin/activate && pip3 install -r requirements.txtto install dependencies.
python3 manage.py migrateto apply latest DB migrations (and create the H2 database file).
python3 manage.py runserverto run the integrated webserver (not suitable for production use - even though you should not use HRSS in a production environnement at all until it is considered stable anyway). Use uWSGI to run it in a production environnement.
Use https://github.com/kmlucy/docker-hrss nicely made by kmlucy.